With a lot of new visitors finding their way to our tiny corner of the world, I figured it was time to tell you a little bit more about us.
*note: Matilda is our now 21 month old daughter and Fenway is our now 4 year old dog.
And so…I give you 10 things you may or may not want to know about us (In no particular order)
1. We officially named our homestead “Half Moon Farm” when we started selling eggs.
2. We are pretty convinced Fenway thinks he’s a human. When given the opportunity he will sleep under a blanket with his head on a pillow.
|Fenway, all tucked in for a nap|
3. Ian is a licensed pilot, hoping to someday become a flight instructor. Matilda has an entire wardrobe of airplane themed clothing, all of which are considered “boys” clothes (Why can’t girls wear airplanes?)
4. Kai has worked at 4 different summer camps for a grand total of 13 years, that is a lot of s’mores!
|Dressed for camp at 6 months pregnant|
5. We have about a million nicknames for Matilda our favorites being “Tilda-beast” and “Matilda P. Stinkbottom.”
6. The Ladies (our chickens) will run up to see us when we pull in the driveway and will follow Ian all over the yard.
|Helping collect eggs|
7. Kai became a consultant and educator with Diaper Parties in the summer of 2014. She teaches parents all about cloth diapering, baby wearing, and more! You can find out more about Diaper Parties HERE
8. Ian plays the french horn. His brass quintet provided all of the music at our wedding, with a replacement horn player since Ian was a little busy.
|Helping Daddy practice|
9. Fenway is a “mutt,” but mostly a mix of beagle and pointer. We call him a Poigle and are convinced it will become the next designer breed…look out Labradoodle!
10. Matilda loves going for rides in Dad’s Jeep. We call it the Sleep Jeep when we head out for a Snooze Cruise.
See, we’re not too weird…right?