Hippy, Crunchy, Granola, Green…I’ve heard them all and embraced them. Call it whatever you want but at the end of the day I’m just trying to keep my family healthy and happy and I think we can all agree on that.
None the less, I’ve compiled a list of the hippiest (yes spell check, I know that isn’t a real word) things I do….who’s ready?
|One of “The Ladies” hard at work|
1. I make my own gripe water. Seriously, that little bottle of baby burp juice is expensive besides the ingredients were all sitting in my pantry so I might as well mix up a batch and save my pennies.
2. We raise chickens. Our lovely ladies provide us with free range eggs and hours of entertainment.
3. We don’t have a TV. Okay, thats not entirely true, we have a TV but it doesn’t have an antenna so it gets no channels. We use it to watch movies, sometimes, but we mostly just watch the chickens.
4. One word…co-sleeping (or is that two words?)
5. Our medicine cabinet contains more mason jars than pill bottles, also I should totally earn some bonus points for saying things like “gargle some apple cider vinegar and see how you feel.”
|Our co-sleeeping setup. Tilly’s crib attaches to our bed|
6. I line dry our clothes and have been known to set up a drying rack next to the woodstove. If I have to run the dryer I use felted wool dryer balls to speed up the process.
7. Those felted wool dryer balls…I make them myself.
8. We use cloth diapers. Well, Matilda uses cloth diapers. The rest of us have been potty trained for over 20 years now.
9. Furniture out of pallets…check.
10. My grocery list has things like flax seed, coconut oil, and gallon sized jugs of apple cider vinegar (see # 5)
I could probably go on (perhaps another time) but I think you get the point. What not so ordinary things do you do?